Monday, August 1, 2016

The worst weekly email in the world

Hi my best friends!!


Last week for P-day we went to this huge beautiful cathedral in Ely
and just walked around the smallest, quaintest English town you've
ever seen in your life.

It's bad I think I'm getting too used to the
adorable English villages so they just all seem normal to me. But
hello they are the cutest things in the world!! I wish I could just
walk around with a GoPro on my head all the time so you can see how
beautiful Cambridge is.
I
I think this picture where I look super shocked
is when one of the elders is making a fat joke about me. #classic #
they all call me sister Gaines. # whatever!! Ok this week was crazy
with sister Becker packing up and leaving, but my new companion is
from CALIFORNIA!! What are the odds. Seriously what are the chances of
that?! She's from Sacramento and is so sweet. Her name is sister
Cobabe. Yes, pronounced just how it looks. Every weird man we talk to
on the street has a grand old time with that one haha.

This week we spent a lot of time trying to find people who wanted to
hear our message, and almost an equal amount of time trying to help
sister Cobabe remember how to ride a bike. We also visited a lot of
less active members of the ward and it's been so interesting to get to
know these women and get to know their lives. I learned this week that
I am so, SO blessed. I am so lucky to have the parents that I have and
the experiences that have started to shape me into who I am. Speaking
of which..

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BEST FRIEND ROBERT MERRIL DAINES!!!! Dad thank
you so much for all you have done for me. Thank you for being the best
example of Christlike, perfect love. Thank you for teaching me
basically everything I know about the gospel and about how to learn
and improve. I love you more than I love old English cathedrals and
more than I love eating an unreal amount of sugar to keep me awake
during nightly planning.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

Sister Daines

No comments:

Post a Comment