Monday, August 15, 2016

Yikes on our Bikes!!


My fav house in Cambridge, so naturally I had to take a pic outside of it.  Everything here is just so beautiful.  I wish you could all see how pretty it is!  I love you guys!!  This week we were praying SO hard to be able to find a family to teach.  In fact, we have been praying about it for an entire transfer, so we have been really searching with not a lot of luck.  We kept praying though, and kept searching and this Sunday a family literally just walked into church wanting to know more.  A MIRACLE.  I love you all more than I love falling asleep standing up during studies (something I may or may not have done this week....) and more than I love eating Cadbury chocolate and more than I love bread!!!!!!!!!xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Sister Daines
HELLO MY BEST FRIENDS!!!! This week we noodled around on our bikes and
I think sister Cobabe probably ran into me at least four times. She
also lost a shoe twice on the busiest road in Cambridge and we both
just kind of swerve around until we know where the heck to go. Every
time we get off our bikes we just think-- YIKES. but by no small
miracle we always come out of our travels unscathed so Heavenly Father
is good😌🚲

(Just remembered how to use emojis for the first time on my entire
mission... No biggie)

We are always trying to work through appointments that cancel on us,
so this week the best things have been when our friends ACTUALLY show
up to our appointments on time. It seriously makes me just want to hug
them and give them a prize when they are where they say they're going
to be when they're going to be there.
 This is my best friend ever, Than, who went yesterday to go on holiday for a month, but when he gets back to Cambridge, he want to be baptized!  He is so receptive and just loves learning and reading.  I told him the Book of Mormon is so good because it helps me feel more peace, and on our next lesson he was like 'no sister daines!  It's not peaceful, it's intense and exciting!!' Hahaha!  He's not wrong.  I mean, there are some pretty crazy stories in there.  Basically he loves all the war stories in there. 
 Mad shoutout to our homie Andy
who always shows up on time and is so ready and excited to learn. He
brings his Book of Mormon to every appointment and is just so good! He
is from China and is basically my favourite person in the world. He
thought we lived at the chapel cause we were there so much. #whoops.

Highlights of the week:

-Andy asking us if baptism was basically just a big shower and my
companion saying "yeah, basically!" Hahha we had to clarify that no---
it is not just a shower. We're still working on that google translate
thing....

-meeting a man named Esaw (you heard me right people--- Esaw as in
Jacob and. But he spells it wrong but whatever). He walked up to us in
the park and literally told us to teach him more! He is such a goose
and seriously makes me laugh so hard just out of the absurdity of
everything he says. I wish I could explain him in words but oh well.
You'll just all have to come over here and meet him some day.😉
(Except we're low key mad at him cause he was three hours late to his
return appointment but it's ok)



-we met a guy named Bong from the Philippines who lives on a boat. He
calls it Noah's ark. No biggie.

No comments:

Post a Comment