Monday, July 4, 2016

SAMANTHA JILL DAINES



This weeks email title comes to you from our favourite German who
thinks that my first name is either Samatha or Jill. WAT. hahaha that
little goose is so silly!! Do I look like a Sister Samantha Daines?!?
Apparently our little green bean thinks I do!

Ok!!! This week was so great and crazy and I am learning a lot about
how to follow the spirit EXACTLY. I feel like Sometimes we kind of ask
for the guidance of the spirit and then we kind of just do what we
want to do, but this week sister Becker and I have been working on
doing EXACTLY what we feel prompted to EXACTLY when we feel it. I
think we have pulled our bikes over to the side of the road in a
screeching storm of squeaky brakes to talk to someone probably 15
times in the past three days haha! (Shoutout to SJ for teaching me
that I need to talk to EVERYONE--- even all the way in Watford that
lady is teaching me how to be a better missionary!!) oh also-- I SAW
HER TWO WEEKS AGO. forgot to tell everyone that. But look at how cute
these pics are--- seriously SJ is the most beautiful bean in the WHOLE
WORLD!!!

This week we were trying to track down someone who the bishop wanted us to go see and we were biking around these housing estates trying to find the right number and this ANCIENT lady comes scootering past and goes "you can come in for tea if you like. I live at number 89" and then just scooters off!!! Lolz WHAT?!? Her name was Ann and she was so happy to meet us and to visit. Hashtag not interested in learning about the gospel but we just thought it was so funny that she wanted us to come into her home so badly! Side note: I have never seen so many animals in such a small space. Nor have I smelled so many animal smells..... It was a hard lesson for those of you that know me. LOLZ. but anyway the reason I am telling you this is because of my favourite quote from her at the end. We were asking her who we could share a message with and she was telling us about her neighbour that we should go see and she peers over the rim of her teacup and goes "but watch out...I think he's on drugs."  I wish you could have all heard it in her tiny English accent. It was unreal.


Ok... Best part of the whole week by FAR..... I GOT TO TALK TO JADE ON THE PHONE AFTER SHE WAS BAPTISED!!! I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face the entire day. That girl just glows and even over the phone I could just feel the spirit so so strongly. I was SO happy. It made me so happy! It was just such a good reminder to me of why I am here. Even when it literally SHOOTS hail out of the sky at us on our way home (honestly have never seen anything like the hail storm that we biked home in. It was INSANE.) anyway, even when we are so tired and our backs are "like grandmas" (in the words of sister Becker) and we fall asleep in the middle of eating breakfast and old English people curse us off of their porches (lol sorry friends) IT IS WORTH IT. because we will find people who want to hear the message of eternal happiness. Scratch that, eternal JOY. People want to hear it and we know they do, and when they do, it is ALL worth it!!

I miss you guys and I love you guys and I am so happy that I get to be here. And I am so thankful for your examples to me of being faithful and kind and Christlike and trying your hardest. I LOVE YOU!!! Sorry I took 0 pictures this week! Next week!!!


Ps----- It's our mission tour this week, so we get to hear from President Kearon again. YES!!!!! I love that man so much.... I seriously can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love you guys!

Last funny thought: this week the elders were debating whether or not cats can be exalted. What. WHY WOULD WE EVEN WANT THAT?!?!? Haha. I have dealt with more cats this transfer than I ever thought possible. Hashtag opposition in all things am I right ladies? Jk. Sorry sister Becker. She loves cats.🐱🐯

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!
Xxx

Sister Daines 

No comments:

Post a Comment