Monday, July 4, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY REAL LIFE BEST FRIEND HENRY CHRISTIAN MITCHELL DAINES!!!!!!!!!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY REAL LIFE BEST FRIEND HENRY CHRISTIAN MITCHELL
DAINES!!!!!!!!!


The biggest tragedy and worst part of this week was this morning before studies when I was trying to draw this sign and I forgot what the American flag looked like. Aaron I am SO sorry I know that is the biggest disappointment to you and you basically want to disown me at this point. LOLZ!!! But nobody worry I righted the wrong and found little American flag toothpicks in our flat (probably from the sisters who were serving here a year ago today) but don't worry I chose my outfit very strategically today. Only for you little hitschie, only for you.

This week was WILD. We traveled into London for mission conference and got to hear from President Kearon which was probably the highlight of the transfer for me. It was so incredible to hear from him and to learn about the choices that we all make, and how to choose to grow our faith. I learned that the success that we see as we missionaries depends on our faith, and the problem is never someone else or never the area that we are in. There ARE people that need to hear our message in this area, it just depends on how diligent and faithful we are. So this week I am studying faith a lot, and sister Becker and I are ready to see some major miracles!!!

We have been biking around Cambridge this week and it had been the rainiest summer I have ever seen, but isok!! Haha we will be sweating and hot and then three minutes later it will be rainy and so cold and then half an hour later-- sticky and hot and humid. I love English summers!! Lolzies.

I'm sorry I don't have much more to say- today is the happiest I have been in a long long time because it is PDAY AND THE 4th OF JULY ON THE SAME DAY. So, of course, we are gonna pig out on hot dogs and smores made with digestives. I love you hitschie, and I love America, and I love England, and I love working hard! And I love my family!! Thank you for all the letters. I got them all on Thursday and just died. I love you guys - thank you for your prayers. I need them and love them and I love you ALL!!!!

This is a street we tracted. No lie.

Sorry this was so dysfunctional hahaha!!!! Next week will be better I promise!!!!

Parting thought: sister Becker always carries an "emergency ketchup" around in her bag with her. At all times. That little goose!!!

Also-- this week we were talking to our district leader on the phone and we were asking for advice and tips on how to improve and how we can be better missionaries and he goes "ummmmmmmmm..... Get some ice cream. Ice cream helps with everything. Except for being fat." Thank you elder coon. Wise, wise words. So my advice for all of you this beautiful Fourth of July is to eat some ice cream and remember how lucky we all are to live in such beautiful places (aka I'm trying to be politically neutral but what I really mean is that AMERICA IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!!!!) go look at some fireworks for us !!!!! Love you more than elder coon loves ice cream and more than sister Becker loves emergency ketchup and more than I love free, recycled, lunch. (Which ps we had this week. Some lady came up to us in the park and was telling us about a free 3 course meal that they serve in Cambridge every week and we were like UM YES PLEASE. I kept asking her what the catch was and she kept saying "nothing! Nothing! Nothing! It's just free!!" So we, of course, went and it was dang delicious. Lots of homeless people who I absolutely loved. But anyway the point of this story is that the cute lady we were talking to was telling us that NO ONE was taking her up on the free lunch thing. She was literally standing in the park shouting "free lunch!! Free lunch!!!" And everyone was ignoring her!! Lolz!! Sister Becker goes: sister Daines. That makes me feel better. If people are passing up on the joy of free lunch then it makes the fact that they are passing up on the gospel a little bit easier.

RETWEET SISTER BECKER. Sometimes things are too easy and we don't realise how precious it is because we are always looking for the catch, like free 3 course lunch or, I don't know, free lessons on how to change our whole lives for the better!! Does that metaphor make sense? Not at all. I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes our own scepticism gets in the way of our salvation. It's so important to just trust, to just have faith, to just try. That's what I'm learning this week, that president Kearon repeated over and over and over... "Don't worry, just work hard" "don't worry, just work hard" DONT WORRY. JUST HAVE A LITTLE BIT MORE FAITH.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX, 

Sister Daines 

No comments:

Post a Comment