Thursday, December 29, 2016

WHAT UP WHAT UP WHAT UP WHAT UPPPPPPPPP!!!


You guys. Last week I said it was the best week ever but I lied! This week was the greatest!! Ever ever!! Oh man it made me smile so huge to be able to talk to you guys. It's good to know that you are all still as hilarious and absurd as ever-- I hope I wasn't too awkwardπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

God really blessed us this week and I'm not quite sure why but I'm just accepting it and saying thank you a lot. A few examples:

On Wednesday night we were finding and I had a feeling that we should call our recent convert, Ben, and try to teach him. So we called him and he goes yeah, I'll be at the church in 10. So before we even say the opening prayer with him, this guy that I met the day before comes waltzing in and goes "I would never break my appointment!! Here I am!!!" Hahah I totally forgot about our appointment because our new area Book planner app sometimes deletes things. It was such a major blessing that we were there AND with a member. Heyo!

Then he proceeds to tell us how he wasn't going to come to his appointment but then something told him this was a good thing and how he couldn't pass up a good thing from God so he ignored everything telling him not to and came anyway. AND also a week and a half ago he quit drinking and smoking all of his own volition. Miracle. He's working toward baptism for the 29th. Here's a pic of him with his Swahili Book of Mormon. (Other miracle: we just had a Swahili BoM lying around the chapel)


(Hahahahahahahahah)

We found 10 new investigators this week and that almost never happens
We had so many people come to church on Christmas which was just basically the greatest feeling ever and made us so thankful!
We almost had to walk home from Dagenham on Christmas (like a 1.5 hour walk) but a member came and picked us up and then invited us to her house to Skype you guys which is 5 minutes from our house instead of a 20 minute walk to the chapel
A whole lot of other things that I don't remember right now.

Anyway it was just a great week and I am so happy and I love you all and I hope you had the best Christmas EVER!!!!!! thank you for all of the cards, notes, money, presents, and prayers. I love you guys you are the BEST!!! Here is an absurd amount of pictures.

Me when all our inv come to church πŸ˜‡

I went on exchange with sister Cobabe, my old companion! Such a cutie.


Thanks mom!!!! We loved it!!!!!!!

We watched tangled on Christmas Eve!!! Bless!!!!!! Except it made my eyes hurt halfway though and I realised I am not used to TV

The real Christmas present: James came to church in a full white suit....... even better Christmas present............

OUR WARD MISSION LEADER WAS MATCHING HIM. check out brother osaghyies shoes



Then we went to the old guys house for Christmas dinner and it was max delicious

Love you guys SO MUCH!!!!!! My New Years resolution is to try to exemplify this quote from President Gordon B. Hinckley. I just want to be the epitome of this quote (which is basically aunt Michelle lol)

"I come . . . with a plea that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that we “accentuate the positive.” I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort. I am not asking that all criticism be silenced . . . . I am not suggesting that our conversation be all honey and blossoms. . . . What I am . . . asking is that we turn from the negativism that so permeates our society and look for the remarkable good in the land and times in which we live, that we speak of one another’s  virtues more than we speak of one another’s  faults, that optimism replace pessimism, that our faith exceed our fears."

So good huh???  I'm tying to be more like it. Love you all!!!!!!!

Xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment