Sunday, December 11, 2016

ILFORD CHILLFORD

Oh my goodness. You guys. Welcome to my favourite area hands DOWN. hahah I cannot tell you how much I love Ilford!!! East London is just a gigantic party. Let me tell you how many white people I have seen since I've been here.... my companion, (sister soulier from Utah aka the nicest person I have ever met in my entire life), one guy from Australia, and two people born in England. TWO. ok like I might be exaggerating a little bit but maybe not. Everyone is from Portugal or Africa or India. Man I love it SO MUCH!!!! I have learned how to say hello in like 5 new languages and I meet so many people from Ghana and I love it so much. We are teaching so many people that we have no time to eat but that's ok because we have so many cool people preparing for baptism/ progressing so well/ families we are meeting.

Here are some pictures from the week

This poor woman has to deal with her craziest companion yet!

OH MY GOODNESS THIS WAS OUR WARD RELIEF SOCIETY PARTY!!!!! I have never laughed so hard in my life these women are so incredible. The one in the back with the furry coat was a prosecutor for the royal court but now she designs handbags. WHAT. hahaha seriously I love these guys so much. Oh my days.




THIS IS NDIAYE (the tall one in the coat) and HE IS SO GOOD!!!!! He is the nicest man I've ever met. He's from Senegal and he is getting baptised on the 18 of December (please please PLEASE pray for him. Seriously). He calls us his angels. And he just says the most profound comments in gospel principles class and he is just sooo good. 


The little boy on the left is getting baptised soon. He's so funny. His mom is from Sri Lanka and cooks us the SPICIEST food every single time we go over to teach them. Oh my goodness. Literal tears. 

Man you guys I am so happy. God is so good. I have been amazed how much he qualifies us and helps us to do the really hard things that we need to do (like waking up on time or talking to scary people or not punching your zone leaders in the face) (hahah just kidding love our new zone leaders). 

I have really seen Heavenly Father helping me so much this week. Not only with actually qualifying me, but with helping me to feel calm and qualified and just ok with everything. Life is so good. I love you guys so so much and want you to know how thankful I am for you!!! Have the BEST CHRISTMAS SEASON EVER. 

funniest quote from this week: sister soulier on the phone to our CRAZY recent convert  "Ben no. Ben. Ben you cannot walk home from Leeds. That will take you five days." 

Love you all!!! 

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxox

Sister Daines 

No comments:

Post a Comment