Tuesday, December 13, 2016

"Why are you so ugly" -a recent convert to me

Haha just kidding he said why are you so early but he's Indian so it sounded like why are you so ugly. Haha lolz had a good old laugh with that one.

ANYWAY. YOU GUYS. HOW ARE YOU ALL?!?!?! Man I am still loving my life so stinking much. Ok I have decided to tell you some crazy miracles that happened this week.
-it hasn't rained at all. AT ALL!!! How amazing is that. It has been so warm and not rainy seriously God loves me. The other day it was 8 degrees which apparently is super warm for December (still sounds max freezing to me but what can ya do)!
-this guy walked into the chapel one day and asked us to teach him English and teach him about Jesus. Lolz yeah we can do that!!
-EVERYONE who is on date to be baptised came to church. For two weeks in a row!!! Seriously what the heck so blessed. That never happens.
-we found the cutest tiniest Christmas tree in a janky cupboard in our flat. Which doesn't sound like a miracle but it is!!!! Cause it's so cute and I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

This week I got to go on an exchange with this sister from Malaysia who I love SO MUCH. She is so good and sweet and just awesome. 

 (Our investigator bought us lucozades. Bless.) 

Then we woke up super early and went to MLC!!  Man it was so good. I learned so much. I really am focusing now on how I can constructively help sister missionaries and investigators progress spiritually, and it is helping me progress so much in the process!! 

(This is where we all met up and talked about nail varnish. SIKE WE TALKED ABOUT HOW TO BE BEAST- MODE SISTER MISSIONARIES). Man this was my favourite part. Seriously this is where I learned soooooo much about how to improve and how to help others improve. This meeting only lasted for like an hour but it was so constructive. 



Then we went home and I was so exhausted I just wanted to sleep for 3 days. But what can ya do. 
 Man this is one of my fav inv. she is from Brazil and she is SO normal and SO beautiful and has the sweetest little baby boy that she always brings to church über wrapped up in like this big fuzzy onesie thing it's so cute. But her house is SO CLEAN and organised!!! Seriously if you knew the people we teach you would realise what a miracle that is. Ahhh I just love her. She lives all of the commandments and loves the Book of Mormon and is great. Our only problem now is helping her get her answer that this is the one true church. That's what a lot of our inv. struggle with. I think it's something we all struggle with. Sometimes we just want to KNOW. We are doing the right things and asking with sincerity and trying so hard to know what God wants us to do and it feels like He isn't answering. But something that I'm learning is that He does answer, we just need to make sure we can hear it when He does. So I am working on that as well--- recognising how God answers me. 
 Then we had zone meeting and sister soulier and i had to give trainings but I wasn't even nervous! Blessed!! 
 OH MY GOODNESS THIS WOMAN IS MY FAV. Taiwo joined the church when she was 16 and then went on a mission 3 years later. What a beast. she gave the best talk in church. Seriously I love her so much. Man church was so powerful this week. I think it was my favourite block of meetings that I have had on my whole mission. The talks were all incredible and I only fell asleep twice! (That's how you know it's real). 

Then to wrap up the best week we had dinner with this old Welsh man who made us Welsh cakes with the Welsh flag in the middle. Naturally it has a dragon on it. Duh. Hahah who even knew that was a thing?? Not me. We talked about dragons for a good 20 minutes of this dinner.  He was so cool.

This is the name of his town!!!! Not even joking!!!! That is a real name!!! Hahha he is just so funny and sassy and hilarious. 

He and his wife are the best. 

Also this African member made us Jollof rice and I spilled so much of it on the floor lols whoops can't take me anywhere





No comments:

Post a Comment