Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I ATE 30 BISCUITS THIS WEEK

You guys. I hit 6 months on my mission this week. How that happened I will never know. Also it feels like I've been out for about one million years. Like I really do feel like I've lived here forever. But then I get the scary realization that I know nothing about the UK because this week was my first time eating in a pub! And here's how----

LIANA GHALLAGER CAME TO CAMBRIDGE!!!!! She called us on the phone and I just about died. I also cried when I saw her but thats neither here nor there. Anyway, she took us out to eat and it was my first real pub food, complete with fish &chips and meat pies. it was delicious. But it was even better to talk with sweet LiLi. That was a highlight forsure.

funniest thing that happened this week: we tried to approach this man and talk to him about the book of mormon and it somehow ended up with him talking for literally 23 minutes about Colonel Custard (Curster?? I have no idea) and about the ''true story'' behind the American Indian reservations/ wars/ I don't even know what else. Honestly I have never been more lost in my entire life because he did not stop talking once during that time. I am NOT KIDDING. This is not me being funny/ exaggerating for effect. He did NOT STOP TALKING. I wish i video recorded him because it was honestly the most confusing but also hilarious but also nonsensical string of random facts that I have ever heard. He was a 68 year old English man, btw. I feel like I needed McKay there to tell me what all of these random dates/ wars/ historical events were. And then at the end he tried to convince us to watch one of his films about it with him. Swerve.

We talk to the most interesting people every single day. I wish you could all be there to witness my awkward conversations and my attempt to tie things back to the gospel. it's amusing to say the least.

I love you all! This week has been so fun and so good and I am just so darn blessed.

LOVE YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment